Monday, September 16, 2013

Paleo Banana Cinnamon Lara Bar Bites

          Someone reminded me of this yesterday. "If you think wellness is expensive and time consuming, try illness." While the Paleo Diet is not always easy on the wallet, think of all of the bad foods that you are cutting out of your budget. Paleo is worth it; for your body, for your mentality, and for your future. Birthday festivities (and birthday cheats) are now over for me, and the start of the Lurong Paleo Challenge has begun! While I am not signed up for this challenge, I will still be challenging along with my fellow Crossfitters. Let's all join together to make some big changes in our lives! My personal goal is to be completely cheat free. I am holding myself accountable with you all.

Ingredients:
  • 4 tbsp Organic unsweetened coconut milk
  • 6 Medjool pitted dates
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 c cashews
  • 1/4 c walnuts
  • 1/2 banana
Preparation:
  1. Mix the dates, banana, cashews, and walnuts in food processor with 2 tbsp. of coconut milk and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
  2. After blending, add the rest of the coconut milk and cinnamon.
  3. Place mixture in a storage container and allow to sit up in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours for your Lara Bar Bites to be ready! Serve it warm, and it tastes just like oatmeal. Either way, this is a simple dessert that is perfect for any Paleo Challenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment