Sunday, August 25, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

          Fall is quickly approaching, and we all know what that means. There will be many holidays with a lot of good food. I love pumpkin and all types of pumpkin desserts. This Paleo Pumpkin Bread can really hit the spot.

Ingredients:
  • 1 c almond flour
  • 1 c pumpkin 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4-1/3 c water (may or may not be needed)
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tbsp allspice
  • 1 tbsp agave/honey
  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
Preparation:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grease baking tin with olive oil. You can always use Coconut as well. I use it quite often.
  3. Mix almond flour, pumpkin, and egg in a mixing bowl. Add water here if this mixture seems to thick. 
  4. Next, stir in the cinnamon, allspice, and agave/honey.
  5. Pour batter into baking tin. I would use a smaller tin. Mine was too large, so the bread was very thin.
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes. The bread should be golden. Sprinkle the finished product with cinnamon and agave if you want an extra sweet kick!

                
          People always ask me about how much I spend on Paleo ingredients and what is on my grocery list. This is a typical grocery trip for me. Food can last up to one week, but I usually find myself shopping more than once a week to make sure I have everything I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment