Thursday, August 22, 2013

Crockpot Apple Pork Tenderloin

          Sorry everyone, I have been MIA for the past few days. It has been a busy week, and I have not been the main chef in the house. I have been fortunate to have delicious meals cooked for me! I will be posting some of Tom's great recipes soon. Here are a few photos that can sum up my fun filled week.
          This first photo is from my Crossfit box this past weekend. Crossfit Thunder hosted two competitions on Saturday. Many awesome athletes from all over came together to compete and work hard. I had a great time judging this fierce competition!



           The second photo shows my boyfriend, Tom, participating in the first WOD of the WV Open. I have very talented workout partners who always push me, and I definitely needed it through this one. (WOD #1: 100 calorie row and 100 push press at 75/55 for time)
           With classes starting back up, my schedule is about to get much more hectic. I will be taking full advantage of Crockpot recipes this fall! I have already found a breakfast casserole that I can not wait to try. This is a very simple and sweet to taste, protein packed recipe.

Crockpot Apple Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
  • 1 and 1/2-2 lb of pork tenderloin
  • 2-3 apples
  • 2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2-1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 tbsp raw honey (optional)
Preparation:
  1. Core and slice your apples into 10-12 slices.
  2. Add a layer of apples to the bottom of your crockpot and lightly sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. My crockpot was large, so I did not cover the entire bottom with apples. I only layered the section that the pork tenderloin would cover.
  3. Next, place slits in your tenderloin. I had to cut mine in half to get it to lay neatly in the bottom.
  4. Place tenderloin over top the layer of apple slices in the crockpot. You will then need to place one apple slice into each slit of the tenderloin, so there will be apples in the meat as well as underneath it.
  5. Sprinkle tenderloin and apple slices with nutmeg, cinnamon, and olive oil. *Drizzle honey over the creation here if you choose to use it!
  6. Turn crockpot on low and cook for 2-3 hours. My crockpot still cooks quickly, even on low, so be sure to check. You may need to let your meal cook longer (4-6 hours).

1 comment:

  1. I made an Italian pork loin in the roaster yesterday! It was fantastic! My husband suggested we have it more often. I think next time I will use this recipe in the roaster! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete