Sunday, August 4, 2013

Two Breakfast Sides: Paleo Cinnamon Apples and Garlic Roasted Tomatoes

         
          I ran across this photo on Facebook yesterday, and I think it is the perfect motto for my blog. I try to keep the recipes all relatively easy to make with not too many ingredients, but all of the credit goes to the wholesome quality of the food itself. The best part about the Paleo Diet is knowing that the food you are eating is real. These next two recipes are as simple, and tasty, as it gets. Breakfast is always my favorite meal of the day, and I am constantly looking for new sides and recipes to spice up my morning meals.

Paleo Cinnamon Apples

Ingredients:
  • 2 fresh apples
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
Preparation:
  1. Pour olive oil into small pan on stove.
  2. Dice apples into 1x1 inch pieces.
  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon and cook for 5-10 minutes at medium heat.


Garlic Roasted Tomatoes

Ingredients:
  • 1 large fresh tomato 
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 pinch of sea salt
  • 1 pinch of pepper
  • 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
Preparation:
  1. Pour your oil into pan.
  2. Chop your tomato into thin slices.
  3. Sprinkle with garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper.
  4. Flip tomato slices, and season the other side as well.
  5. Continue to cook for 5-7 minutes at medium heat.


          This is what I am eating this morning; eggs with kale and mushrooms, bacon, and roasted tomatoes. This tomato came fresh from my Grandfather's garden yesterday. I had personally never had tomatoes for breakfast until going to the beach this year. I just love them! If you all are looking for fresh and locally grown fruits and veggies, The Wild Ramp has a great selection. Look out for the fresh peaches!

No comments:

Post a Comment