Monday, July 8, 2013

Cauliflower Crust Paleo Pizza

          I have always loved pizza, and luckily, I hit the jackpot with this recipe! I had searched all over the internet for a good Paleo Cauliflower Crust recipe, and could not find one that met true Paleo standards. I tweaked a few recipes and created one of my own. Next up, I am going to try my friend Mandi's idea, BBQ Chicken pizza!

Ingredients for Cauliflower Crust:
  • 2 packages of Kroger Fresh Selections Cauliflower (Refrigerated, not frozen. You could also just buy a head of cauliflower if they do not have this.)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 c almond flour
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
Preparation:
  1. Begin to boil a pot of water, and rip the cauliflower into smaller pieces. After about 20 minutes, drain the cauliflower and pour it into a large mixing bowl.
  2. Next,  mash the cauliflower by hand. You could easily use a food processor, but I gave this method a try and it worked out great! Do not worry about making sure it is all completely grated. 
  3. Add the eggs, almond flour, sea salt, and pepper.
  4. Lather the baking sheet in olive oil. (I literally poured it onto the sheet and spread it with a paper towel. This helps keep the crust from sticking!) Spread the batter evenly on your baking sheet.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
                                                                                                                        
           Next, we will move on to the sauce and toppings. These will vary depending on what you want your pizza to be! Here is what I used.
 
Ingredients:
  • 3/4 can organic all natural pizza sauce
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 c kale
  • 1/2-1 c mushrooms
  • 1/3 c onions
  • 10 pieces of bacon
Preparation:
  1. While the crust was baking, put the olive oil into a pan, followed by the kale, mushrooms, and onions. Also, I used a pinch more of salt and pepper.
  2. While sautéing the vegetables, cook ten pieces of bacon in a separate skillet.
  3. After the crust is finished baking, open your can of pizza sauce, and spread 3/4 of the contents of the can on your crust.
  4. Next, add the rest of your toppings to the pizza, and bake for 7-10 more minutes at 400 degrees F. Check out my final product in this picture, and be sure to send me yours!!                                           
                                    
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment