- 1 package of lean ground meat or ground turkey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 green peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 can of tomato paste (6 oz)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt (extra if needed for browning meat)
- 1 tsp pepper (extra if needed for browning meat)
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- In a medium sized pan, coated with olive or coconut oil, brown the meat at a low to medium heat. Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the meat.
- While the meat is cooking, chop your green peppers and onion into fine pieces. Once the meat is finished cooking, add to crockpot along with the peppers and onion.
- Add the tomato paste as well as the diced tomatoes. Pour it equally over the meat mixture.
- Turn crockpot on high and cook for 5 hours. When there is 30 minutes left, stir the contents of the pot. Depending on your serving size, this could feed anywhere from 4-8 people. It also is great served over a warm sweet potato. Yum!