Ingredients: (Bacon Wrapped Chicken)
- 1 package of all natural or free range chicken tenders/breast
- 1 package of nitrate free bacon
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tsp ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders or breasts with the sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil, and cayenne pepper.
- Have one piece of bacon for every piece of chicken and wrap it around its width. I would wrap two pieces around larger breasts.
- Place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. You are looking for the bacon to be crisp. Cut into the chicken to make sure it has cooked all the way through.
This is a simple recipe that can spice up our regular chicken breasts! Now, on to the second part of our dinner.
Ingredients: (Sweet Potato Hash)
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c white onion
- 1 mango (optional)
- 1-2 tsp of sea salt
- 1-2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Add the olive oil to a pan, and warm over low heat.
- Soften the sweet potatoes in the microwave then slice them into 1 by 1 inch pieces. Add to the olive oil in the pan.
- If you would like to make your hash a little sweet, slice a mango in the same 1 by 1 inch pieces. Add to the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the onion into fine pieces. Mix in the potatoes (and mango, if used). Increase the stove top to a medium heat.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the mixture, and continue to stir every few minutes.
- Cook until golden (fried) and then serve!
This recipe is similar to the Butternut Squash and Apple Hash recipe, but you want to be sure that the potatoes become more golden brown to have a more crunchy texture. These will resemble fried potatoes more than the butternut squash. I will be posting many more sweet potato recipes for the other sweet potato lovers out there!